Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 13, 2009

Preparing for the New Baby

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I keep thinking I have lots of time left when in reality we only have 5 1/2 weeks until my due date. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am 1 cm dilated. That's not anything too exciting but because I am having alot of Braxton-Hicks contractions she wants me to take it easy for the next couple of weeks. I have never had a baby early and don't intend to this time either, but I realized there are some things I need to take care of soon.

1. Christian has to be moved out of the crib into a big boy bed. Usually I would have done this already. I have been procrastinating because he is such a good sleeper and I am afraid putting him in a new bed will mess that up. Also, I am not looking forward to the couple of days of chasing him back to bed when he realizes he can get out. But, we are going to make the switch this week-end.

2. I would like to get some meals frozen and in the freezer for after the baby comes. I am very blessed to be able to have my mom and dad come for about a week after the baby is born, and to have friends that will provide meals for a few days after that. But, I would like to have some food stocked up for at least another week while I am still recovering and figuring out the baby's schedule. You know how it is when you are trying to make dinner and just when you get started you have a screaming infant.

3. I have to pack my bag for the hospital, and a bag for the children in case I have to drop them off somewhere. Again, I wait for the last minute usually, but I do not want to leave this chore up to my husband.

4. I have to buy some infant diapers.

5. I need to get some clothes ready. While shopping last week-end I bought an outfit to bring her home from the hospital and a few pink sleepers. I still have that little voice in the back of my head that wonders if the tech was wrong and the baby might be a boy, so I am hesitant to take the tags off of some other clothing and bedding my mom bought for me. I have started to go through my baby clothes and pull out all of the neutral colored clothing.

6. The house needs to be cleaned. This is an ongoing chore of course and is never completely cleaned.
I am sure this list will grow as I think of more things that need to be done.

No comments: