Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Lasagna

Did you ever notice that if you don't make something for a while it is more enjoyable the next time you eat it? Well, I haven't made lasagna for several months but while I was making my grocery list at the beginning of the month I discovered a box of Oven Ready Lasagna noodles in the cupboard, so I added it to my menu plan. I made it for supper last night and there wasn't even any leftovers. Here is the recipe that I used.

9 oven ready lasagna noodles
1 container cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 cup water

Combine, eggs, cottage cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. In another bowl combine water, sauce, and ground beef. In a 9x13 pan spread 1 1/2 cups of sauce, lasagna, cheese mixture, and sauce. Repeat layering once. Top with remaining lasagna then sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, wrap with a double layer of foil, and bake at 425 for 60 minutes.

No comments: