Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 9, 2009

On a Scrapbooking Mission


A couple of years ago, I started making scrapbooks for all of the children. I really enjoyed doing it and completed the first couple of years of each child's life. Since then, I made a scrapbook for my parents 35 Th anniversary with one page for each year they had been married, and I started a scrapbook for Christian, but I never really intended on going back to the individual children's scrapbook's. I thought maybe down the road I would just start doing a family album. Well, right around Alex's birthday in November he kept telling everyone that even though he was going to be 5 years old he had only ever had 2 birthdays. Reasoning with him did not work at all. he was convinced that he had only ever had two. I couldn't figure out what gave him this idea, until one day we were looking in his scrapbook and I had only completed a little past his second birthday. He thought that since it wasn't in the book he had never had another birthday. I decided then that I should continue working on their books but my supplies were very depleted. After Christmas and a birthday I have enough supplies to do some more work on them, and now it is like an obsession. I spent 2 days uploading pictures to http://www.walmart.com/, enough to get me caught up on everyone. I think it is a pregnant nesting thing, but I am determined to get these books caught up before the baby is born (I only have 10 weeks left so I am working a little bit every day during nap time) I almost wonder if I am setting myself up for a project that will never be completed, but I have fun doing it and some day the children will have this book that I made to look back on, and they will know how many birthdays they have had. I hope they enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed working on them.

1 comment:

momtofivekids said...

I love scrapbooking! I wish you lived closer and we could do it together, I have lots of supplies, I just havn't been inspired lately. My younger kids love looking at our scrapbooks.