Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

We (mom, dad, Chelsea and I) got to Walmart by 4:30. We decided to divide and conquer so Chelsea went with my mom and dad shopped with me. We went after the electronic items first, then toys, then clothes. It went very well and we managed to get almost everything we were looking for ( the only thing I couldn't get were the $5 oversize Cars toys for Christian because our store never got them in.) There was a bigger crowd than usual for our small town but the store seemed to be handling things well. The hardest part was checking out. It took as long in line as it did to shop because of a price problem with $1.50 towels that took about 20 minute to solve. But we were still back home by 7:15 am. I calculated my savings and I saved over $90 so it was definitely worth getting up and 3:50 am.

Then, we had planned to go and get our Christmas tree but it poured down rain all day long. I am hoping we will be able to do that today if the rain holds off. Instead, my mom and I made a quilted Christmas purse that took most of the day to complete. It was our first attempt at such a task and I think it turned out pretty well.

No comments: