Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 26, 2008

How To make a Marionette


Today I made a puppet called a marionette. It was really easy and fun. All I did was take a sheet of cardboard, drew the head, arms, body, and legs. All the body parts had to be separate in order for the marionette to move. When I had the marionette all cut out, I painted it, then I punched holes in it to help it move, then I tied it together, then I took two more pieces of cardboard, punched more holes in them, and tied string to them and the other ends of the string I tied to the marionette.

For a basic puppet theater just get a big box cut a hole in the side and the top, and glue paper bags to the inside to hold your puppets when your not putting on a show, decorate it, and you've got a puppet theater, and some fine puppets to go with it.
by Chelsea

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chelsea, you are not only beautiful you are also smart and talented!!! Keep up the good work and keep using that brain that God blessed you with! Love and kisses Nana and Papa

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! I'm taking a moment to read all my emails and saw this blog plus your accomplishment in the magazine. I'm going to have Chloe look at this and make one too. Thanks for the great instructions. Talk to you soon! Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I randomly looked up "making marionettes for kids", looking for a simple project for 2nd grade. Your puppet was very inspirational, and I liked the clear directions.

Thanks for sharing!