Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 18, 2008

Beware of Scam Artists

I have been thinking lately about being a good steward. Instead of working hard on finding ways to increase our income, I have been looking for ways to better manage what we already have. I have made many changes in our expenses of the last several months, and am continuing to look for ways I can still further reduce our spending and pay off our credit card debt. Then it happened. My husband logged into our online bank account (which we check every day and you should too) to discover someone had hacked into our bank account and spent approximately $300 dollars. I am very glad it wasn't more, and also that we have taken care of all the paperwork at the bank and we will get our money back by next week. I just wanted to warn you that you can't be too cautious. Check your bank account every day, do not respond to email banking alerts(call your bank instead), and the newest scam do not leave your card visible when you are in line at the store,post office etc... Apparently people are using camera phones and taking pictures of the cards.

Have a happy Friday!

No comments: