Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

My favorite pizza recipe:
1C warm water
1 pkg dry yeast or 2 tsp
1 tsp. sugar
3 C. flour (white or wheat)
2 T oil
1 tsp salt

I use my Bread Machine's dough setting adding liquids first, then dry ingredients, with yeast last. It takes 1 1/2 hours and the dough is perfect. Or you can mix yeast, sugar, and water. Let it rest 5 min then add other ingredients. Knead the dough adding more flour as needed until it is not sticky. Place covered in a bowl for 5 min-2 hours depending on how you like your dough. The longer it rises the more bread like it will become. Punch down the dough and shape it into a pizza crust. Top any way you wish and bake at 450 for 15 min.

We have pizza every Friday. To go out for pizza costs about $30 for us. When I make our pizza, I get 4 personal pan size pizzas for the kids and one medium pizza for Art and I. The cost is about $3. I make the dough, but the sauce and cheese, and use whatever toppings I have left over from cooking during the week. For example: the day after Thanksgiving I made a Turkey Supreme Pizza using green and red peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and of course Turkey.

1 comment:

The Park Wife said...

Hey Lisa!
I just found out about your blog, it is great.
Re: pizza, do you cook the dough a few minutes before putting the toppings on and cooking? Will you email me and tell me?
Stephanie
www.theparkwife.blogspot.com