Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 26, 2020

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 8

 We had a great week in our homeschool and a fun camping trip!


My boys do not love to write.  I think they would rather be doing almost anything, but it is a skill they need to learn and I try to make it as painless as possible.  When I look at their paragraphs I always say something generically positive and then point out what I really like before I point out what needs to be corrected.  This week when I started talking to Christian about his I told him that I really liked his paragraph and he said wait is that coming from my mom or my teacher.  I said both :)



Week 8 in our Homeschool

 

 We completed the book of Ephesians, read 3 chapters in George Washington Carver, finished the Week 8 assignments for MOH, watched a video on Leonardo da Vinci, finished one lesson in Visual Latin, and completed 3 math lessons.  The boys wrote two paragraphs and read 4 chapters in Treasure Island.  They also finished Step 19 in AAS Level 7.  Emmie finished My Father's Dragon, several lessons in AAS Level 1, and read The Elephant in the Room in AAR Level 4.  Lily finished Dreamer.

 

 We had Willow and Liam one day and sadly Liam was under the weather and running a fever.  He had an ear infection, but he played happily in the morning before the fever started.

 



Our Camping Trip

We left on Thursday to head to the lake for a 4 day camping trip.  It was sunny and 85 degrees when we left.  Friday was another beautiful day, in the mud 70's.  Friday evening the wind started to blow and with it came a cold front.  Saturday it stayed cold and cloudy and in the 50's and Sunday it wasn't much warmer.  We stayed by the fire all day on Saturday and I wondered if I am just not cut out for camping in colder weather as I was wearing two layers of everything and still could not stay warm enough away from the fire!  But it's not easy going from 85 to 45!

 

Lily found this snake skin as soon as we got there.



We did some fishing on Friday morning and I caught the biggest fish I've ever caught!






The children did a lot of bike riding.





Some crafting.








And we went on a hike.  About halfway through we stopped at a beachy spot and saw lots of animal tracks and leaf prints in the sand.















Later we got to see an otter eating a fish!  I couldn't get a close enough picture though.





Saturday we did some crafts and stayed by the fire!  I made chicken soup in the dutch oven for the first time and it turned out great!









I was so thankful that Nick could come over for a few hours both days and Alex could come for a longer period of time during the days even though he had to work at night.  We do have a trip planned for November and I'm hoping for sunshine!


I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

What sweet, sweet memories you're creating for your children! It's so much work for you! I hope they take in all of that love and work on your part and extend it to their children someday. It is truly a blessing.

Congrats on your big fish!

We're having wild weather like that, too. Shorts one day, snow pants and coats the next. We had measurable snow this week, but Halloween is supposed to be 60 degrees. It's a crazy October!

Here's wishing Liam a good recovery from his ear infection!