Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 19, 2020

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 7

 I do a lot of laundry.  Every morning right before we start school I put a load in the washer and then when we break for lunch move it to the dryer and start another load that gets put in the dryer when school is over.  Thursday morning I put a load in and started reading.  Then we heard a horrible noise coming from the washer.  We stopped it and Alex and I both were looking at it trying to figure out what was wrong.  I started it again and when the noise started again, I took a short video and sent it to my husband.  I put the clothes on rinse to get the soap off of them but when it started spinning after rinsing the noise was back. That night when Art came home he asked me to start a small load. No noise.  Then I did a heavier load.  No noise.  I did laundry with no problems this week-end.  I have no idea what was wrong, but find it ironic that when someone was around that could fix it, it was like nothing had ever gone wrong!!


Liam loves playdough and was super excited when I opened up a brand new jar for him!



Willow wanted to brush Lucy's (Emmie's doll) hair.  Emmie told her ok but be gentle and no drooling on her!!!




Week 7 in our Homeschool

Bible: We continued reading through the book of Galatians.

Read Aloud: We started reading YWAM biography on George Washington Carver.

History: We finished Week 7 in The Mystery of History II which was the end of the first quarter on St. Patrick, Attila the Hun, and the Fall of the Western Empire.

Geography: We completed lessons on Massachusetts and Rhode Island in Our 50 States.

Math: All of the children completed 4 math lessons. After this week I made the decision to switch Anthony to Teaching Textbooks.  I hope it works out better for him.

Language Arts: The boys are working on Treasure Island from Memoria Press.  Emmie started My Father's Dragon and Lily finished The Dreamer.

Latin: We started back with Visual Latin this week starting where we finished off last year.  This week we completed lesson 5.  Visual Latin is not for everyone because it is not as "formal" as other latin curriculum but my children really like it and Dwayne Thomas's sense of humor keeps it interesting for him.  We watch one part of a lesson per day and complete one worksheet 3 days a week.

Art History: We watched another video on Leonardo da Vinci.

Reading/Spelling: Emmie completed through Step 16 in AAS Level 1 and in AAR Level 4 we read Carmelita Takes the Stage.  The boys completed Step 18 in AAS Level 7 which focuses on Latin roots.

Other Activities this Week

 

We had some beautiful weather this week and spent a lot of time outside.  The changes in temperature have led to some snotty noses so we cancelled music this week and stayed home from church.

The girls have been busy cutting out little animals and sewing them.




Monday the girls had gymnastics.

 

Saturday we delivered my favorite female goat to another house to be bred as the male goat that we have is her son so we cannot breed her here.  We chose the boy in the middle.  We will pick her up in a few weeks and are hoping for a couple of strong healthy babies in 5 months!

 


 The girls recorded song played Sunday for the offertory.  This is a video I took of one of their practices (not the final recording that was played in church.) Their music teacher accompanies them on piano so during the practices I have to help them stay together by counting out the measure. Brighten the Corner Where You Are is the name of the hymn.

 


 

We are planning a camping trip this week and are hoping for some beautiful weather!


I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

"No drooling on her!" That's so cute! :)

Looks like lots of good in your world . . . especially the washing machine healing itself. I totally understand your frustration, though! It seems to happen to me, too.

Here's wishing you healthy baby goats!