Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 2, 2019

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 3

Dentist appointments took up two days this week.  One for me and one for the children.  The children's dentist is all the way in Texarkana so it takes up a good chunk of the day.  None of the children had cavities (yay!) but Christian needed some filing done on one of his caps and Emmie had a spot that could turn into a cavity if it didn't get taken care of.  Usually we have to go back for any kind of "work" on their teeth but the dentist did it while we were there and I'm thankful I don't have to drive all the way back for less then 10 minutes of work. I was under the weather for a few days this week.  Emmie very sweetly told me if I didn't feel well we could just take a day off of school, but we muddled through.


Week 3 in our Homeschool

Bible:  We read two chapters in the book of Luke.

History: We finished Passport Ancient Rome!  We did not do any of the projects past the first few stops but the older the children get the less interested they are in those kind of things.  We will be jumping back into The Mystery of History Vol 1 after the fair.  I am excited because I was selected to review the brand new 3rd edition!  It is a beautiful hard cover book with color pictures similar to Vol 3 and 4.

Music Appreciation: We are about halfway through the biography of Chopin's Later Years.

Art: We have two art reviews right now.  HIGASFY is a art history video series with some hands on activities.  Our video this week focused on the start of Impressionism and Claude Monet.  We have a review of Drawing Lessons from Creating a Masterpiece.  Monet started with cartoon caricatures of people.  Our lessons in Creating a Masterpiece was a cartoon drawing of giraffes. 



Math: We did 4 days of CTC Math and Emmie, Christian, and Alex started a new review ( we didn't get access until Friday so they only used it for 10 minutes each) of Elephant Learning, a math supplement.

Language Arts: Lily is working on her Reading Eggs workbook.

Spelling/Reading: We have not started Spelling yet.  Emmies book has disappeared ( I need to go through their bedroom) and the boys arent starting for a few more weeks.  Emmie did start back into AAR Level 2 we read Life on the Blue Whale which leaves us 3 more stories in Level 2. 

Other Activities this Week

Monday I had to go to the dentist. Lily went back to the sewing workshop and finished her skirt.

Wednesday all the boys had youth.  Our regular Wednesday activities start up in two weeks.

Thursday kids dentist. No music lessons since our teacher is still in the hospital. I recorded Lily playing a song and sent it to her. 

Friday I took Alex out to the shooting range so he could practice before a 6 week trap shooting activity starts next week.  Then we went grocery shopping which took forever.  Walmart was very busy and there were only 3 cashiers working.

We have spent a lot of time working with animals this week and finishing up other projects.  The fair starts today and will end on Saturday.  It will be a long and busy week!  The muffins I am baking for breakfast are finished so I am going to grab mine and eat while the house is still quiet!

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I'm glad your dentist got the work done conveniently! We're barely finishing eye exams, and our round of dentist exams is already starting! I feel as if we're never going to just have a "regular" week of school.

Lily's skirt is cute! And I wish you luck in finding the missing spelling book!!! I totally get that struggle. :)

Good luck at the fair!