Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Our Week in Review (July 30th-Aug 5th)

Monday morning we had our Nature Seekers 4 H meeting.  I was very glad we did the meeting indoors because as soon as we got to the EH House it started raining buckets!  Our meeting was on pet/animal care.  We made homemade dog treats and each of the children did a talk on taking care of their pets/animals.









Later that evening we went to the parsonage to have dinner with our new preacher.  I thought it was very nice (and brave)  of him to invite my family over for dinner!  It was a nice evening.

Tuesday morning we had another chick hatch.  Unfortunately its leg did not develop properly in the egg and it is unable to walk.  I did not expect it to survive at all but it is now 5 days old and still alive.  We are hand feeding it.  I tried banding its leg to see if it would correct the problem and it did not.  It will stand in our hand when we hold it, but will not walk on it. 

Our two week old chick is doing well.  The boys think it is a rooster but its a bit early for me to tell.

We went and had lunch with some friends and ran several errands.  When we got back home Lily told me I needed to hurry upstairs and see something.  My bathroom was flooded.  Apparently there was something wrong with the seal in the tank and the tank filled with water and overflowed. Thankfully there was hardly any damage.

Wednesday Chelsea and Liam came over.

Thursday was Cloverbud Day Camp at the park.  Emmie is now my only Cloverbud so she was the only one young enough to go.  Nick came along as a teen helper.  They made a greenhouse, a smoothie, and a pool noodle horse.  Then they rode their horse through an obstacle course.  She had a great time.








Alex and Christian have been working with their goats a lot this week getting ready for the fair.  Emmie helped out Christian a few times.  His goat is a bit stubborn.



We finished the 3rd Molly American Girl book and also Book 2 of The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place.  Cannot wait to start book 3.

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: