Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 16

We are back to homeschool after our Christmas break and trying to get back into a "normal" routine (does such a thing really exist?)  But actually besides a few minor things, it went pretty smoothly.

Week 16 in Our Homeschool

P.E. : This week we started changing things up a bit.  We did 2 days of Family Time Fitness and two days of Yoga.  The girls really enjoyed the yoga dvd, Anthony and Christian not so much but they are good sports about it.  The yoga is really more for me anyway :) I just like them doing it with me.  Christian was so funny the first day.  We did a part of the routine working on the right leg and then she said we would repeat it all on the other side.  He said, "What!! We have to do it again?"  Hopefully it will grow on them a bit.  One challenge was that we have tile floors.  We tried using a blanket, but it didn't work out very well, so I ordered some yoga mats.

Bible: Our GrapeVine files were lost on the other computer so we have not been able to finish that study.  I did email the company and they resent them to me in the middle of the week.  I was so thankful!! I know most companies are good about these kind of things when you purchase them, but it can be a different story when you loose things you have reviewed.  But, they were very sweet and sent me all of the missing files.  I look forward to starting back on that next week.  In the meantime we read through some of the new testament about the wise men, Jesus visiting the temple, John the Baptist and the baptism of Jesus.

Read Aloud:  We started reading a new book from the Christian Heroes then and Now series on C.S. Lewis.

History: In The Mystery of History Vol IV the boys and I completed lessons 40-42 and read about the fight for women's suffrage, the Impressionists, and Charles Eastman and Chief Joseph.  They completed the worksheets, timeline figures, memory cards, and the map.  Bright Ideas Press also was willing to resend me my lost files, so I was able to see the answer key for the map.  Very Helpful!

Science : In Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology we completed chapter 8 on the nervous system.

My Father's World Adventures: We started reading Farmer Boy. This is not the first time we have read it, but it has been a little while and to me, the Little House series never gets old.  It has been one of my favorites as a child and an adult.  We continued learning about birds in science and covered South Carolina, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Connecticut in our 50 states study.

Math: Everyone completed lesson 15 in Math U See.

Grammar/Writing/Literature: We finished lesson 20 of Fix It! 1 and 2.  Christian and Anthony did a key word outline and wrote a paragraph on how cows eat using both a who/which and an "ly" adverb.  Nick is finishing up a few assignments on War of the Worlds.  I am still waiting for Learning Language Arts Through Literature to arrive so Alex got a pass.

Reading/Spelling: Alex finished lesson 14 in Phonetic Zoo.  In AAS Level 2 Anthony and Christian finished Step 9. In AAR Level 3 Anthony and Christian finished lessons 15,16, and 17. Lily finished Lesson 34 and 35 in AAR Level One.
Sally always shows up when Lily reads!

usually we do spelling on a white board but all of my markers dried up!

Horizon's Preschool: Emmie completed lessons 94, 95, and 96 in Horizon's Preschool.

Other Activities this Week:

Monday the girls had gymnastics.

Wednesday was Kid's Club.  It also was my birthday!  My husband is so amazing, he works so hard to make my birthdays special. We had pizza for supper so I wouldn't have to cook, Alex baked me a cake, and Art bought me these beautiful dishes, a tackle box, and a nightgown and leggings.

 We watched The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.  I got to FaceTime with my parents and my dad looked and sounded so good!  He is feeling much better!  He has to have a few tests run in the next few weeks.  My sweet Lily made me this paper bouquet of flowers so that I could have some flowers that will never die.




Friday we did our grocery shopping.  We had not been all shopping together in a long time.  While we were there, I found two dresses on clearance for the girls that we marked down to $4.99 but they rang up $2.48!

these girls love making ice cream!

Emmie really wanted me to take her picture with Ana


I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!

No comments: