Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 1

This week was our first week of the 2015/2016 school year!  We do not start with a full schedule but instead work our way up to one a little at a time.

First day of school pictures.

Emelia Pre-K

Lily 1st


Christian 3rd


Anthony 4th

Alex 6th

Nick 8th

Week One in Our Homeschool:

Bible:To start off the year, we are using Real Life Press The Book of Moses Part 1.  We finished Week One which covered Genesis 1: 1-25.

Read aloud: We are reading George Muller The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans.  We read chapters 1-4.

Math: Every one started Math U See.  We completed Lesson One of: Alpha, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, and Algebra 1.

Language: Anthony is working on a review of Middlebury Interactive Elementary Spanish 1.

Reading: Anthony and Christian completed Lesson 36 of All About Reading Level 2.  I did not start Lily on Level One yet.

Preschool-Emelia completed Lessons 13, 14, and 15 of Horizons Preschool.

Other Activities This Week:

We had soccer on Monday and Thursday.  Tuesday I took Anthony for his speech evaluation.  He tested fine except for the letter "r" (which I knew.)  They set him up for weekly appointments but then we found out that our insurance won't cover it and one 30 minute session is $200! They do give a discount for paying when you go.  Now we have to decide whether or not to try and continue working with him at home, going through the school, or paying for these sessions.  Sigh... I never even considered that insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Wednesday we had Kids Club at our church.  It was the first time we had been in a very long time.  The children enjoyed it.

Christian made a very good Moses during story time.



Other Random things this week:

We found this guy in the driveway.  I think the cats must've got to him.  Hope he doesn't have friends!



One day this week Lily, Christian, and Anthony came downstairs dressed like this:


Lily found an owl pellet that we forgot to dissect quite awhile ago and was very excited to find the bones inside of it.


I thought our sunflowers were dead, but I found a new bloom on it the other day.  Made my day!


Lily made this place mat on Saturday to put in the fair.



Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Your boys look so grown up, and your girls are darling. :) I like how you took everyone's picture in the same location, so that as I scrolled through the pictures I could see the height changes--almost as if the kids were growing before my eyes.

That place mat is very cute. I've been wanting to help my littles work on place mats for our family to eventually use. I don't think we're ready yet.

Happy homeschooling to you, too.