Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 22, 2015

Quick and Easy Ice Cream Cake



Several weeks ago, I found and pinned a few recipes for homemade ice cream cake.  I had thought I would make one for Anthony for his birthday next month, but he decided he would rather have cupcakes so I made it for Father's Day instead.  This ice cream cake was so easy to make, and did not take long at all.  It also tasted really good and cost under $10.

Ingredients:

I box of brownie mix of your choice (plus what that recipe calls for)
1 package oreo cookies (does not have to be name brand)
1 container cool whip
Chocolate Syrup
1 box of ice cream sandwiches

First, make your brownie mix according to the directions on the box and pour it into a greased 13x9 pan.  Bake according to directions.  Allow to cool slightly and then press brownies down to form a crust.  Let brownies finish cooling completely.

After brownies are cooled, spread half the container of cool whip over top.  Drizzle a good amount of chocolate syrup over that.  Crush around 20 oreo cookies in a plastic bag and sprinkle over top of syrup, reserving a small amount for sprinkling over the top of the cake.  Now cut your ice cream sandwiches in half and put them over top of the cookies.  I had one and a half sandwiches left over but children were very willing to eat those ;)  Spread the rest of your cool whip over top.  I wrote Happy Father's Day using the chocolate syrup (it came out a bit messy) and sprinkle your remaining cookies.  Cover and freeze until firm.

Before serving, I would allow the cake to sit out for 15-20 min so it will be easier to cut and serve. My family loved this cake!  I will be making it again soon.

I found the recipe here.

Enjoy!

No comments: