Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Schoolhouse Crew Review: Koru Naturals



There are times as a member of The Schoolhouse Review Crew we have an opportunity to review products that are not just for homeschoolers.  We recently had a chance to use and review Emu Oil and Pure Lanolin Lip Balms from Koru Naturals.

For many years the people of New Zealand have used what nature has to offer to treat ailments, protect the skin, and promote good health.  Since 2002 Koru Naturals has shared the products that they have been using for years.  We have been using two of these products.

Emu Oil from Koru Naturals is a traditional Australian Aboriginal natural oil.  It contains all natural ingredients such as vitamins, mineral, and essential fatty acids, and is fully refined with no preservatives or additives.  Emu oil can be used on hair and unbroken skin.  It acts as a powerful moisturizer and absorbs quickly.  Emu Oil can be purchased in 2 oz, 4 oz, or 8 oz sizes.  You can see all of the pricing options here.


Pure Lanolin Lip Balms contain no preservatives, additives, colors, or fragrances.  It is pure anhydrous lanolin pharmaceutical grade and unlike many other balms does not have any ingredients that can dry out your lips rather than help them to hold moisture in.  The lip balm protects your lips from sun and wind and is water resistant.  The set comes with 4 tubes or pots containing .2 oz each. It can be purchased for $9.80.

Koru Naturals has many other products.  Click on the link to check them out!

My 9 year old gets terribly chapped lips in the winter.  Last year nothing I tried made a difference.  It got so bad that he ended up getting a bacterial infection and then wouldn't you know it he had an allergic reaction to the medication they gave him to treat the infection!  I wanted an opportunity to try out the Pure Lanolin Lip Balms on him.  They really have no color or fragrance at all.  Even though they are packaged like most lip balms that you see in the store, it was not solid like I expected, but rather soft.  I found it easier to apply it to his lips by putting it first on the end of my finger and rubbing it on instead of running the tube across his lips.  I had him use the lip balm twice a day once in the morning and once before bed.  What a difference!  No problem at all with dry, cracking, bleeding lips.

The Emu Oil  I have been using myself.  I get really dry feet in the winter time, especially around my heels.  I am talking really dry.  Like to the point the dry skin rubs holes in my socks!  I pour a small amount into my palm and message into my heels twice day.  The first time I used it, I used too much and it did feel greasy.  But after that I started with a smaller amount.  A little bit goes a long way!  It hasn't solved the problem completely, but it is much better then it was before I started using the Emu Oil.  The palms of my hands are much softer than they were before too.  I was surprised too that the Emu Oil really has no odor to it at all.

My husband tried to use some of the Emu Oil on his beard.  The skin underneath it can get itchy, especially in the winter.  He was not impressed with it though.  He thought it made his beard feel greasy and the skin was still itchy.  He only tried it a few times and may not have gotten a good balance of oil or massaged it in well enough.

To see what my Crew Mates had to say, click on the banner below.


Koru Naturals Review

No comments: