Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 24

Weather played a big part in changing our plans this week.  We had sleet/ice/snow on Monday, and then on Wednesday we actually had snow accumulation.  Our activities that were planned were cancelled and we cancelled school to have a snow day.  We did get a little bit of work done in our homeschool :)

Week 24 In Our Homeschool

Bible: We finished up our packet of Bible Study Guide For All Ages.  We will be working on studying Proverbs and start a read aloud on a missionary next week.

History: This week in Mystery of History Vol III we completed Lessons 61,62, and 63 on Rene Descartes, John Winthrop and the Puritans, and Galileo Gallilei.  We did the timeline figures, memory cards and took the quiz aloud.

Science: We did a few worksheets on magnetism and made a compass.  We also watched a video on weather.





Grammar/Writing/Literature: Nick and Alex finished Lesson 21 of Fix it! Grammar and started Lesson 16 of Medieval Writing.  Christian's Lightning Lit book was Mouse Soup and his grammar focused on using commas. There are 12 more units in his book and out of the 12 books being used our library only has one of them.  I have one other.  So we will for sure do those two units, and I am not sure what we will do after that.  Anthony is still reading Charlotte's Web.  His grammar focused on transition words.



Spelling/Reading: Anthony and Christian finished Lesson 9 of AAR Level 2.

Math: Nick finished lesson 24 of Pre-Algebra.  Alex finished Lesson 21 of Delta.  Anthony and Christian finished lesson 22 of Gamma and Beta.

My Father's World Creation From A to Z:

We continued working on and finished up the letter "c" for cow.  We made a collage out of magazine photos of dairy foods, made butter, completed a math page, drawing page, and the blend ladder pages.  She also made her cow badge and added it to the wall.  The books we read included the Milk Makers and  Ferdinand the Bull. 







Other Activities This Week:

Monday we were supposed to have archery and a 4 H cooking contest.  Both were cancelled because of weather.

Tuesday was gymnastics.  The little girls and I also ran to the library.



Wednesday was our snow day!  The children had a great time in the snow and we cancelled school for the day. 

We also celebrated Chelsea's birthday.  Her actual birthday wasn't until Friday but she had some plans with some friends that day so we had it on Wednesday instead.  Our birthday person gets to choose a meal and she chose chicken alfredo lasagna, with homemade bread, and salad.  I also made a chocolate chip cookie cake.



Thursday we had school but started a little late.  I let the children go back out in the morning because I knew the snow would be gone by lunch.  Because area school were closed and some areas had more snow than we did, our 4 H meeting got cancelled.  Actually that turned out not to be a bad thing.  As we were finishing up school for the day I walked into a metal chair and broke my baby toe.  Ouch!  

Friday was Chelsea's actual 18th birthday.  Before she left to go to a concert with friends she ran to the store for me and grab what we needed to get through the weekend because I did not want to go grocery shopping since my foot was still hurting quite a bit.  We did get a few light snow flurries on Friday too but it didn't last long.


I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Ouch! I'm sorry to read about your broken toe! How lovely to have helpers old enough to do your shopping for you (I had the same blessing in my week, but provided for me by my husband :) ).

I'm so impressed by the My Father's World program you're doing. Every week I'm just delighted by the activities you do with your littlest ones.