Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 10, 2014

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 23

We have had another "off" week.  We had power outages two days last week which affected our school work a little bit.  We could not use Mango Homeschool on those days, do the girls piano lesson, and Chelsea couldn't complete her Economics lessons.  Then, Thursday morning, Anthony woke up with a rash that covered his body from head to toe!  He had taken his last dose of antibiotics the night before.  The doctor thinks he was having a reaction to the antibiotics and he is on two types of antihistamines trying to get the rash cleared up poor guy.  Because I had to take him to the doctor, we got very little morning school done that day, and that afternoon was one of our power outage days.  Anthony was excused from all school work that day.

We did get some things accomplished though!  One of our lessons this week in America the Beautiful was a biography on Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I could spend a whole year (and have in the past with Chelsea using the Prairie Primer) on her.  She is one of my favorite authors of all time and a fascinating person to study and learn about.  Our current read aloud is Little Town on the Prairie.

We only "did science" one day this week.  We began working on Lesson 8 Ungulates.  We will have to do some extra reading next week to make up for what we missed this week.

Nick and Alex finished up writing another report in IEW.  This time they wrote about Ants.  I continue to be impressed with how well their writing is improving as we go through the SWI A course.

Everyone finished another lesson of Math U See.  They are moving along well through each of their levels.  I can never stress enough how much I love Math U See!

The girls and I will continue with Caps For Sale next week.  We did not get to it this week with the sickness, power outages, and Emmie took a nap two days last week.  The one day I thought sure we would have time, they were playing together so nicely, I just let them be.

Last week, I finished our income taxes (fun stuff!), so yesterday I was filling out the FAFSA for Chelsea. She is planning on going to a local community college, but she has applied to a few others that she is interested in the area to see what kind of offers she can get.  Her last year of high school is already more than half over!

We finished the Nature Quilts this week.  I was trying to get Lily's finished last week, but with Emmie being sick it just didn't happen. They both picked out their material to put around the square and the back. I was so glad to get them finished!

Christian's front

Christian's back


Lily's front

Lily's back


I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!

No comments: