Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 28, 2013

Weekly Shopping Trip With Coupons-Brookshires and Walmart

I have a review posting in a couple of weeks called Christi the Coupon Coach.  To go along with that review, and because I would really love to not have to raise my grocery budget after the last price increase, or even better lower it, I have started using coupons again.  Today was the first time in a long time that I have used several coupons while shopping.

Our first stop was Brookshire's.  The last time I had been in our local store, it was still Alps (several years ago now.)  I was pretty pleased with the deals that I got there and the overall appearance and cleanliness of the store.  It did not take me long at all to find what I was after and they even bring your groceries to the car for you.

Everything I bought (except the bananas) at Brookshire's was on sale and most of it I also had coupons for. I bought the bananas because they were less per pound what I normally spend at Walmart.


Oscar Meyer lunch meat was 2 for $5 (plus $1 off of 2 coupon)
Kraft BBQ Sauce .88 (plus $1 off of 2 coupon)
Capri Suns 2 for $4 (plus $1 off of 2 coupon)
Kraft Singles 2 for $4 (plus $1 off coupon)
Kraft Shredded Cheese 2 for $4 (plus .50 off 2)
Miracle Whip 2 for $5 (plus $1 off 2)
Jello Pudding .60 each (plus $1 off 3)
Kraft Cream Cheese 2 for $3 (plus .50 off 2)
Kool-aid packets 10 for $1 (plus coupon for buy 10 get 3 free)
M&M's .60 each (plus .50 off 2)
Kraft Dressing 2 for $3 (plus $1 off 2)
Bar S Franks .99 each
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.99/lb
Real Deal- buy pork loin and get pack of paper plates, can of baked beans, carton of potato salad, loaf of bread and 2 liter Dr. Pepper free

Total before coupons and Thank You card sale prices $ 107.87
Coupon discounts $8.75
Sale Price Savings $43.19
Total $55.93


Then were were off to Walmart.  I am not going to list everything I bought (because I bought a LOT), just the items that I bought with coupons.  Hopefully after a few weeks of using coupons I will get to the point that almost everything I buy will be with a coupon.


Almond Milk $2.98 (plus .75 off coupon)
Pull ups $8.97 (plus $2 off coupon)
Baby Wipes $1.97 (plus .50 off )
Pampers $8.97 (plus $1.50 off)
Truvia Sweetener $2.98 (plus $1 off coupon)
Dial Soaps $3.97 each (coupon for buy 2 get one free)
M& M Ice Cream Bars $4.12 (plus $1 off coupon)
Trash bags $7.48 (.50 off coupon)
Cereal $2.88 each (plus $1 of 2 coupon)
String Cheese $1 (plus .75 off 2 coupon)
Turkey Franks .97 (plus .55 off coupon)

Coupon savings $13.52

Not bad for my first attempt at couponing in a very long time!  I am definitely motivated to see what deals next week will bring!

No comments: