Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, June 11, 2011

VBS 2011

This week was VBS at our church. Nick, Alex, and Anthony (along with 80 or so other children) spent the week eating great snacks, hearing wonderful stories, playing fun games, making cool crafts, and singing songs (which by the way are forever stuck in my head) while learning 5 important truths about God: God Made You, God lstens to you, God watches over you, God loves you no matter what, and God gives good gifts. Chelsea spent the week as a youth helper helping with music and story time. I volunteered in the nursery this year (big surprise I know) with Christian (who could be in pre-k but wanted to be with me), Lily, Emelia, a 7 month old baby, and a 4 month old who was there part time. I am sad to say I have no pictures since I spent almost all of my time in the nursery.

VBS is a lot of fun every year, and it teaches the children in a way they will remember it for a long time to come. We raised over $700 for a child in the community with cancer. I always think it is so sweet to see the children coming in with little baggies of coins they have brought from home to give to someone in need. VBS is a lot of work though. Getting the children up and ready to go on time, working at VBS, and then getting them home hot, tired, and hungry for 5 days in a row is hard. It makes me so appreciative that I don't have to get them up and out the door everyday. I am happy to volunteer at VBS and that the children get to go, but I am also glad it only lasts a week :).

No comments: