Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Movie Review: Speed Racer

My opinion of this movie is don't waste your time or money. I have not been this disappointed in a kid's movie since The Cat and the Hat came out several years ago. when we saw the previews for the movie, all of the children wanted to see it. It looked like a good action movie with the classic good verses evil theme. I chose it on Netflix as soon as it was released and didn't read any reviews or other information on the movie. After seeing it, I have gone back and looked and it is recommended for children 8 and up. I think 12 is still too young for this movie. The movie is very long (135 minutes) and seems to drag on forever. It is very violent (although not bloody) right from the beginning until the end of the movie. There are sexual innuendos, bad language, and a moment where the middle finger is used. It was not my idea of a good movie that a family could sit and enjoy together. I sincerely hope they are not making any sequels to the movie, although by the way it ended I am sure they will be.

2 comments:

MamaHen said...

Thank your for visiting my blog. Hope you come back soon! Your recipe for the Cinnamon Puffs looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

hey lisa! I just wanted to say hello and tell you I am going to call you, I'm so sorry I havn't yet!! I have been thinking about you and your little one growing. I hope all your little ones are doing well. Take care girl and I will, Lord willing, talk with you soon. We miss yall! kathleen