Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Morning Project: Scarecrow Door Hangers




Today is the first day of Fall. Nick got up this morning and put on a long sleeve shirt and long pants because Fall means it will be getting cold outside (it is 86 degrees here today.) That is not always the case here in Arkansas. It has been cooler in the mornings and evenings but it is still quite warm in the afternoons. We wanted to do a fall project, so the children made scarecrow door knob hangers I found on http://www.dltk-kids.com/ (under holidays and fall) They had several cute ideas that we will be working on to decorate the house over the next few weeks. This craft only required printing out 3 different templates, coloring, cutting, and gluing the scarecrow together. I did have to help Alex and Anthony with the cutting out and some of the gluing. The children really enjoyed working on this project.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I love how you do a monday morning project. How long have you been doing this? What inspired this idea? Just wondering.

momtofivekids said...

I wrote that last comment. I think I was signed in under my son's name bluelikejazzystuff. :)

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

WE started doing these projects last fall after two week-ends in a row of endless rain. The next Monday morning it was still raining and the children were climbing the walls from still being inside. So, I found a craft for them to do to keep them busy. We did another craft the next Monday, and after that the children expected us to do a project every Monday. They love doing crafts and really enjoy starting off the week that way, so I have kept it up this year as well. Sometimes it ties into our Five in a Row book, other times it is seasonal or holiday related, and other times I just see what we have lying around the house and come up with an idea.