Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 12

Monday morning after dropping off Nick we did our shopping for our own OCC boxes.  We headed over to the church to pack the boxes.



 When we got back home, we did our Weave Your Word in Me Bible lesson, read a chapter of George Washington True Patriot, and completed a lesson in Let's Go Geography on Finland.

In the afternoon we all completed math and handwriting lessons.  Christian and Anthony started Step 21 in AAS Level 4.  They also completed a lesson in Readers in Residence on Charlotte's Web.  Emmie completed Lesson 22 in AAR Level One and Lily completed a lesson in AAR Level 3.  Emmie has finished the first reader and has been practicing those stories on her own.  Lily is almost finished with the second reader of volume 3.  Teaching reading can be one of the most difficult things, but we really love All About Reading.

Chelsea was trying to get a paper finished and the baby was not being very cooperative, so I went and picked him up and brought him to the house for a few hours.  The girls had him laughing hysterically!  It was so funny it makes me laugh to listen to him laughing.

Then I had a Mom's Night Out dinner.  Every mom needs  a night out sometimes and I greatly enjoy this once a month opportunity.

Tuesday Emmie woke up with a sinus headache.  We made it through our morning schoolwork completing our Bible lesson, reading another chapter in George Washington True Patriot, and reading through lesson 12 on America's Story called The Power of Words that focused on Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin.  It reminded me of a fun book that I read aloud to the older boys years ago called Ben and Me, that I would love to read aloud to the others.  So many books, so little time! In the afternoon we did our usual math, spelling, reading, and handwriting.  Then it was time to head to gymnastics.  Emmie did not participate, just watched.

Lily landed the back tuck!



We dropped Nick off and headed home.

Wednesday morning I took my computer to church so the boys could work on their Thinking Like an Engineer curriculum.  I could not get the video to load at my house, but it worked fine there.  We learned how to use the CAD software and had some fun making some different shapes.

After our afternoon school work it was time to head off to Kid's Club.


Thursday after our Bible lessons we read two chapters of George Washington True Patriot after our Bible lesson.  We did not work on any poems this week and we did not get to our science book, but Thinking Like an Engineer counts as science.  In the afternoon we worked on our reading, math, handwriting, and spelling.  Liam did not take a good nap, so I did most of the lessons while walking around and trying to entertain him.  I discovered Alex is having some difficulties with his math (sometimes multiple choice can be a bad thing especially if they guess right they can get things correct and not really understand concepts), so we are not moving forward with the curriculum until we understand it.  I am using some worksheets from Super Teacher worksheets to supplement and may turn to CTC Math .

Thursday afternoon was piano and guitar lessons.  The teacher told the children about the music recital coming up and had them choose a song to play.  After first being paralyzed by fear and worry that she wouldn't be able to read the music, Lily has decided to be excited.  She is playing What Child is This.  Alex on the other hand, is not at all excited about it.  In fact he doesn't want me to make him do it.  Sigh....

Friday we ran errands and did some much needed housework.  Nick and Al went to the game Friday night with their daddy.  I put the girls to bed, let the other two boys turn on a movie and watched a movie all my myself.

Saturday was opening day of modern gun.  Art got a doe in the morning and Alex got a button buck in the evening.  No pictures...

Lily made a blanket from the material my mom sent her.

Anthony was not acting like himself at all.  I asked him several times if he didn't feel good, but he kept telling me he was fine.  When I kissed him goodnight though I knew he was running a fever.  He said his head and neck hurt a little.  So Art stayed home with him Sunday morning while the rest of us went to church.

That afternoon he took Christian hunting.  He did not get a deer.  Now the girls want to go too....

Sunday evening Alex and Nick had a youth cookout, so I took the others to the park.  They played on the equipment a bit and we walked the walking trail.Anthony was not running fever but still wasn't himself so he sat in the van.



I let Lily eat some cheesecake as a snack.  I have suspected she may have a slight dairy intolerance and have cut way back on her milk products.  Anyway she woke in the middle of the night and started vomiting.  No more milk before bed for her. Then a few hours later Anthony came in and said his ear hurt really bad and he felt like he was going to throw up.  He did.... I took him to the doc and he has a nasty ear infection.  I told the doctor that Anthony never complains about not feeling well so when he said it hurt I knew it had to be bad.  I got to look in his ear with the otoscope.  It looked pretty bad to me! 10 days of antibiotics for him. Hoping we get rid of it and that everyone else stays healthy.  Oct/Nov and Feb/March are always our worst sick months.

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: