Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Our Week in Review (3/21-3/27)

We took off this week from school.  I decided I was going to try to get some things done around the house that I have not been able to find time to do.  I did NOT accomplish as much as I wanted to this week, it went by too fast.  I did get two closets cleaned out, two dressers cleaned out,spring clothes sorted out, and the school room cleaned and organized.  I made the boys do a deep clean on their room too. So far we have 4 big bags of clothes to donate and 2 bags of toys and from the school room.  Progress is being made!

Christian is writing and illustrating a story.  He was reading it to the girls one night this week.



What else did we do this week:

Monday- Christian had his first soccer game.  The coach was not able to be there, so Art ended up coaching.  In the middle of the game the sole of his cleat started coming off!  I guess that happens when you are the third child to wear them!  I found another pair in the closet that was the same size thankfully.



Tuesday- Alex had his first game.  He played really well. He scored a goal and was the goalie in the shootout tie breaker.  I hate that Nick has to sit and watch, he wants to play so bad, but there is nothing I can do about that.

Wednesday- We did some school.  Christian and Anthony did some Times Tales and Lily did Talking Fingers.  We did some Homeschool Copywork and I went through some new review things that we will be starting on next week.  We transplanted our seeds from our Garden in a Glove experiment.




Thursday- I don't even remember why but I had no motivation at all.  Christian and Alex both had games at 6 and I did not get as much done during the day as I'd planned.  It didn't help that Miss Emmie decided she was going to have a tantrum right before it was time to get ready to go.  We ended up with take out food for supper that night and barely made it to the field on time.

The girls made some cups and spoons out of clay.


And Lily decided she was going to do some painting.



Friday- We had to go grocery shopping.  Pizza and a movie that night.  My husband made it home from work early!  I can't remember the last time that happened!

Saturday- The bath tub had finally come in to Lowes.  We had to return the first one several weeks ago because we found a chip in it when we got it home.  The second time we went to try and buy one, the only one they had in stock that would fit was damaged.  We then ordered one and it took a few weeks to come in so no progress has been made on the bathroom remodel at all.  But, since the tub was in Art suggested we all drive up to get it and that we should take the children to the museum whole we were there.  We hadn't been since last summer.  They were surprised!  It was crowded since it was a Saturday, so we didn't get to do everything, but they had a good time and we will try to get back there soon.















Then we went to Lowes to pick up the tub and some gutters.



We had to go to JCPenney to find some dress pants for the boys.  That was an experience and reminded me how hard it is to shop for clothes with a crowd of children who are already tired.  We survived though and stopped for ice cream on the way home.


After we got home we decorated some eggs.



Sunday- Happy Easter! He is risen!  Sundays are always a challenge.  No matter how prepared I think I am for Sunday morning, nothing goes as planned.  I had clothes laid out for everyone, and shoes.  But somehow one of Emmie's shoes came up missing.  Then Anthony couldn't find any socks. The line for the upstairs bathroom makes it harder for me to get myself ready.  Then when we were already running behind, Anthony ended up sitting in a bowl of cereal his sister had decided she didn't want and put on the couch!  I do not like to be late for anything, ever, but especially do not like to be late when I am teaching Sunday School.  We got there only a few minutes late thankfully. I had 6 sweet little preschoolers and so enjoyed sharing the reason for Easter with them!  We enjoyed the church service as well and ate our Easter dinner when we arrived back home.





I hope you had a great week and a blessed Easter!


1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I think you got a lot done!!! Happy Easter to you, too!!