Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 13

I dropped my laptop!  It has been dying for a long time and Art has been telling me to spend the money and get a new one, but I really, really did not want to spend the money and was hoping it would last at least until Christmas.  Well I did it in last night and did not have a chance to get all my stuff off of it 😟.  The good news is that my parents bought me one for Christmas and it should be here this week.

I am writing this on my iPad so hopefully it will turn out ok!

Week 13 in Our Homeschool

P.E. We did lessons 56-59 in Family Time Fitness

Bible We completed Lesson 9 of Grapevine Old Testament 1.  I have no idea what we will do next week since those files are lost.

Read Aloud We read chapters 12-15 in God's Secret Agent.

History In The Mystery of History Vol IV Nick and Alex completed lessons 31,32, and 33 on The Eureka Rebellion, Charles Darwin and the Theory of Evolution, and The Continuing Controversy of the Theory of Evolution.  They did the worksheets, timeline figures, and memory cards.  We also watched a DVD about the Theory of Evolution that I reviewed a few months ago from Master Books that went along perfectly with those lessons.

Science Finished up Chapter 6 in Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology.

My Father's World Adventures This week in history we learned about the Declaration of Independence, the first 13 colonies, the first flag, and the start of the Revolutionary War.  In science we learned about water and did some experiments on items that absorbed water.  We continued reading Sarah Whitcher's Story.  We were supposed to make hasty pudding and ink out of crushed berries but I didn't get to it.

Math Everyone finished lesson 12 in their Math U See books.

Grammar/lit/writing Anthony and Christian wrote a key word outline about dairy cows and rewrote the paragraph using the outline.  In Fix It! Grammar 1 and 2 we finished lesson 16.  Nothing new for Nick or Alex.

Reading/Spelling Alex completed lesson 11 in Phonetic Zoo.  The boys finished lesson 11 in AAR Level 3 and step 8 in AAS level 2.  Lily finished lessons 28,29,and 30 in AAR Level 1.  

Horizons Preschool Emmie did lessons 65 and 66 in Horizons Preschool.

Other Activities This Week

Monday the girls had gymnastics.

Wednesday Nick had youth.

Here's some pictures of recess one day.






Thursday Not really an activity, but I was on the phone with my sister in law and looked out the window and this was looking back at me! Our neighbor's pig got out and she couldn't get it back in and she told me it was mean! It was trying to get food from under our rabbit pens and almost flipped them over but luckily she was able to get it back in its own pen.

Friday We did a gingerbread house.






We played at the park for awhile.





We also went to Grandview for our co-op.  We made leather medicine pouches.  The pictures are on my camera so I can't upload them but I will when I get the new computer.

I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Ooooh! A new computer! How exciting!

But I'm sorry for the files you've lost.

Isn't it a lovely, mild December? We're so enjoying it for as long as it lasts!