Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 12

 I'm a week late on this post.  I intended to have this written last Friday along with a few others so that they would post while I was gone, but I didn't make it.  My dad finished his radiation treatments November 20th and since they would not be able to come out here at all for the holidays, we decided we would take a trip out there to see them the week of Thanksgiving.  It takes us 2 days of driving to get there so we were only able to be there 4 full days.   I had a lot going on during the week and did not get any posts written and the whole time we were gone I did not answer emails or do anything on the computer at all.  I have a bit of catching up to do, but better late than never!

Week 12 in Our Homeschool


P.E.-We had some illness that caused us to miss some of our morning school work so we only did P.E. two days and did lessons 47 and 48 in Family Time Fitness.

Bible- We completed Lesson 8 of Grapevine Old Testament 1.

Read Aloud- We read chapters 9-11 in God's Secret Agent.

History- In The Mystery of History Vol IV Nick and Alex completed lessons 28,29, and 30 on Famous Abolitionists, Hudson Taylor and the Taiping Rebellion, and Florence Nightingale.  They completed the worksheets, memory cards, and timeline figures.

Science- We started Chapter 6 in Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology.

My Father's World Adventures- In history we started reading about George Washington.  Our new read aloud is Sarah Whitcher's Story which I have never read before.  In science we learned about the seasons.

Math- Everyone completed lesson 11 in their Math U See books.

Grammar/Lit/Writing- Anthony, Christian, and I worked on a story sequence chart for and rewrote the story.  In Fix It! Grammar 1 and 2 we finished lesson 16.  Nothing new for Nick or Alex this week.

Reading/Spelling-Anthony and Christian finished Step 8 in AAS Level 2.  In All About Reading Level 3 they finished Lesson 8.  Lillian finished lesson 27 in All About Reading Level One.  Alex completed lesson 10 in the Phonetic Zoo.

Horizon's Preschool-Emmie has finished up to lesson 64 in Horizon's Preschool.  She did a lot of worksheets over the week-end and one evening when she asked for more school work to do.

Other Activities This Week:

Monday the girls had gymnastics.

Tuesday we packed our Operation Christmas Child boxes.





Wednesday I ran Christian in to the doctor.  He wasn't running a fever, but he has had sinus congestion and a cough for several weeks that would not go away.  He had not been to the doctor in 4 years!  He did prescribe an antibiotic.  Wednesday afternoon we had the last Kid's Club until January.

Thursday I did massive amounts of laundry trying to get us ready for our trip!

Friday we packed and cleaned.  I was also Alex's birthday.  He wanted to make his own birthday cake, a triple decker strawberry!




Lily wanted a gift bag to put a present she made Alex in, but we didn't have one so she made one.




We also made a cute little foam turkey craft that I found at Dollar Tree.



While I was packing and a few of the children were napping, I told these two to find something quiet to do and I found them reading a book together sounding out all of the words.  Very sweet!

First thing Saturday we loaded up and drove 8 hours, spent the night in a hotel and then drove 9 hours the next day finally arriving at my parents house in Florida.  We had a nice visit.  While we were there we saw Charlie Brown at the movies, celebrated my mom's birthday, and Thanksgiving, and took the children to Sea World ( I am writing a separate post about that!)  My dad has some healing to do after but hopefully after a week or so he will start to improve.  I know he is ready to feel better and to be able to start sleeping, eating, and swallowing better and to stop coughing, His voice is very hoarse but I think he was already talking better before we left!
at the Florida Welcome Center




Nana's Birthday


the girls decorated Nana and Papa's tree


I hope you had a great week in your homeschool!


1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

We love Sarah Whitcher's story! Hope you do, too. :)

And that was one huge pile of laundry! I'm not really sure why I'm admiring it when my own piles look like that, too . . . perhaps it's just empathy.

Happy birthday to your mom and boy, and may your dad heal well.