Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Favorite Recipes: 1 Hour Homemade Bread


I almost didn't post the picture because I do not think that my bread looked as good as the photo of the one that I found!  But it tasted really good and I wanted to share the recipe, and not every loaf of bread is going to be picture perfect.

Homemade bread is really good, but most of the time, people are just too busy to take the time to make it.  I saw this recipe the other day (her bread is much prettier) and had a chance to try it tonight. It takes one hour from start to finish and makes two loaves of bread.

5 1/4 cups of bread flour (I did not have bread flour and used all purpose but I think bread flour would work better)
2-4 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 TBSP yeast (the recipe called for saf instant I did not use this brand)
1 1/2 TBSP oil
2 cups warm water

Put dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and combine.  I use a Kitchenaid Mixer with the dough hook.  Add wet ingredients.  The dough is supposed to be sticky.  If it looks dry try adding more water.  Mix for 5 minutes.  Spray kneading surface with cooking spray and knead briefly until smooth.  Divide dough in half and shape into loaves.  Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray and place dough on it.  I used a Pampered Chef stone.  Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise 25 minutes.  In the meantime preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Use a sharp knife to make three slashes across the bread 1/4 in deep.  Put in the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

This was so easy and tasted really good.  My crew finished off both loaves with supper tonight.



No comments: