Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013

We had a great Christmas!

Christmas Eve we spent making and decorating cookies, putting up more Christmas decorations, wrapping presents, and we even made cookies for the birds.  We did not go to church since the girls we already super cranky and covered in frosting and flour.  Instead we read the Sparkle Box book and opened up our Sparkle Box.  We also read the Christmas story from the Bible and made our birthday cake for Jesus to eat for dessert on Christmas Day.  We watched a short movie and got all of the children tucked into bed.











One of my favorite things about Christmas morning was the children opening the presents they got each other.  They each chose things that were theirs to give to their brothers and sisters.  They put a lot of thought into the presents they gave each other choosing things that they knew their siblings would like.  Anthony did not give things that were his, instead he made something for everyone.  He even made paper mice for Sally! It was very sweet!

We usually leave our decorations up until at least January 1st, but took them all down today.  The tree that we got from Walmart was dropping needles like crazy!  We have never had that problem before with trees we have cut down ourselves.  Also, to make room for the tree I had to move some things around making the playroom and family room a bit more cluttered and crowded and I wanted our space back.  I had some very willing helpers and it didn't take long at all to get everything put away.

One of the presents I got that I was the most excited about (besides the gold cross to replace the one I lost a few months ago when my chain broke) was a new camera!  I take lots of pictures and the old camera still did ok outside, but with a broken flash it was hard to take nice pictures inside.  I am so glad I got a new one, now if only I can figure out all of the features it has!!

Some photos I took today.






I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: