Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Favorite Recipes: Honey Mustard Chicken

I saw this recipe  the other day, and knew I would have to try it.  If you have ever had the Alice Springs Chicken from Outback Steakhouse, it tasted just like it!  Very good!

I pkg thin cut boneless skinlees chicken breasts
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1 pk mushrooms
6 slices of bacon
Shredded cheese

Honey Mustard
1/4 cup mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp mayo
1 pk dried onion flakes (I didn't have these so I left them out)


Season chicken with Lawry's and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  In the mean time, make your honey mustard.  I also like sauteed mushrooms, so I sauteed my mushrooms.  Cook 6 slices of bacon until crispy. Do not discard grease.  Brown chicken on both sides for 3-5 minutes.  Place in 13 x 9 baking dish.  Spread honey mustard over top of chicken leaving plenty for dipping.  Sprinkle crumbled bacon over top, and mushrooms over that.  Sprinkle with a generous amount of shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is completely done.  Serve with leftover honey mustard sauce to dip.

No comments: