Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Favorite Recipes: Chunky Chicken Chili

I tried a brand new recipe tonight.  Sunday nights in the fall and winter are soup nights at my house because we eat such a late lunch after getting home from church.  I like to make soup because it feeds a lot of people inexpensively and is pretty easy to make.  I had never thought of making a chicken chili, but it sounded really good.  It was yummy!!  I will definitely be making this recipe again.

 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can corn (drained)
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
1 cup water
1 pack mild chili seasoning (I only use half a packet)
1 lb cooked chicken diced
shredded cheddar or other cheese


Put all your ingredients in a pot and mix well.  Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.   Ladel into bowls and top with shredded cheese.  Delicious!!

I think this would make a really good crock pot recipe also.  Put everything in the cock pot and cook on low all day.

No comments: