Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yard Sale!

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working to de-clutter our house and get rid of things we don't need or use anymore (especially in the playroom which has gotten way out of control.) I had a pretty good amount of stuff but not enough to do a yard sale on my own. Plus my location is not exactly high traffic. My sister-in-law and mom and dad only live a few miles from each other and had some things to sell, so I drove up with the kids on Wednesday planning on having the sale Thurs, Fri, and Saturday. We didn't do any advertising in the newspaper, but we did put an add on Craig's List. We also put signs on the corner pointing in the direction of the house. At 6:30 am I went out to put stuff out (we were starting at 7) and there was a truck at the end of the driveway waiting for the sale to start. By 9am we had sold 80 percent of our stuff. We only had some clothes, a few toys, a bike rack, tire, and a box of geo-tracks left. At 11:00 I closed it down and pulled the ad off Craig's List. I am going to donate what's left of the clothes and toys and put a the few other things on Craig's List. For a few hours worth of work we made over $400 combined, and I have a lot less toys to trip over.

No comments: