Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 15, 2009

Yard Sale!

I had two big motivations for wanting to do a yard sale. To get rid of some CLUTTER, and to make some extra money to go towards homeschooling supplies for next year. Cleaning out closets to sort items for a sale with so many "helpers" was a little challenging, but we got it done. My next challenge was that I live out in the country, who would come out here for a yard sale? That problem was solved when my friend who lives in town wanted to get rid of some of her stuff too. We had the sale at her house (she has 3 children 15, 8, 6) all the children played very well together for all three days (one to set up, two to have the sale.) It was fun having the sale with a friend and even though we were all tired it was well worth it. I was a little disappointed that I didn't sell more of the baby stuff, but all in all it went very well. I made $186 on things we weren't even using and my friend did even better than that. I will probably try to do another one in a couple of weeks to sell what I have left.

1 comment:

What were up to said...

That's awesome makes me want to get mine finalized now. I'm just having such a hard time going through the girls clothes there are just so many favorites.