Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tarantulas


I have seen some pretty big spiders since moving South, but I had never seen a Tarantula until the boys spotted this one next to the shop yesterday. I had seen Tarantulas in a pet store before and had no idea they are found in this part of the U.S. The good news is that they are not poisonous even though they do have fangs. They usually stay underground and go out of their way to avoid humans. They will bite when threatened and just like anything else you can have a reaction to the bite if you are allergic. We set him free in the woods and I hope to never see him again, I am not a big fan of spiders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that one yours?

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

Yes, Art took a couple of pictures before we let it go.