Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Homeschooling with a Newborn

Lily is 3 weeks old now, and we have started back into our school work and trying to get into a routine. I am feeling pretty much back to normal, a little tired from nursing the baby and scaring away Anthony's monsters when they show up. Homeschooling with a newborn is pretty easy since they sleep most of the time(although Lily really likes to be held while she sleeps.) Our school time just like everything else revolves around Lily's schedule. I try to do any teaching of new material when she is sleeping so there are no distractions. I also have no plans to do any large detailed projects that I have to help a lot with. The last two weeks we have done simple crafts that the children can do on their own. We do a lot of reading aloud and that can very easily be done while nursing a baby and I can look over the work the children have done during that time also.

We do have plans to build birdhouses hopefully next week if I get the supplies in. We will also be learning about plants and seeds and I have several hands on projects planned for that. We love the spring and all of the fun things that we can do and get outdoors.

I also hope to get back to some regular blogging again, and plan on using more nursing time ( that is what I spend most of my time doing right now) to do that.

No comments: