Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!




This morning I thought when I wrote this blog it was going to be about how wonderful our first day back to school was. this was not to be. Our day was full of bickering, whining, and back talk. I am hoping that in a few days we will be back in the swing of things and life will get back to normal. I know that every day is not going to be wonderful when you are raising and homeschooling five children. I do have to admit today was a bit discouraging, but tomorrow will definitely be better.




The pictures were of some of our better moments.




Our Monday morning project was painting. Nick grabbed the Usborne Big Book of things to Make and Do and chose a scarecrow painting. All of the children had a great time painting (even Christian who grabbed a paint brush and started painting like he knew just what he was doing.) I love to see how each child puts him or herself into their art work to make each one unique.




For PE today we were working on Soccer skills. Nick, Alex, and Chelsea are playing soccer this year and getting very excited so we played a little bit of soccer today. Alex and Anthony also went to work on their batting skills.

2 comments:

momtofivekids said...

I will get better! I think we, as homeschool moms often have high expectations for the first day.

6intow said...

Hope your year has improved already. I always have more of those days at the beginning of the year, and again in January. Just had one today. God is so good, to faithfully encourage us and help us pick up the pieces and move on. I can still be excited about what tomorrow will hold!

Praying for continued peace and successful days (judged by His standards, not always ours, ya'know?)