Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 2, 2011

Our New Bunnies







The children and I drove to my parent's house on Thursday for a visit and to participate in the Race For the Cure (well, the family fun walk for the cure) that we do every year. The children have wanted to get some rabbits to raise for 4-H this year and while we were up here I happened to find some not too far away on Craig's List. So, last night my dad, me, Emelia, Christian, Anthony, and Alex drove over to pick up our new rabbits. Earlier in the day I ran over to the Tractor Supply Store and bought a rabbit starter kit for $39 that included the cage, treats, a toy, water bottle, food dish, food, and bedding. Picking up the rabbits was a bit of an adventure especially when the GPS took us down a country road that was flooded and tried to get us lost. We finally found the place and got her last two bunnies that were ready to leave their mama. She had a 2 week old litter and 2 other bunnies that were getting ready to deliver. Our bunnies are 5 week old New Zealands one is white (male) and the other is black (female.) I am told that the girl is Thumper and the boy is Speckles. So far they seem to like their temporary home in my parent's garage. We are hoping to be able to head home tomorrow if it ever stops raining.

1 comment:

Alina said...

Beautiful! So cute. And the bunnies are good looking too :) lol